Now, the question is. What can you delegate?
When working with a VA, you do not want to have yourself stuck with all the other issues that you can think of. Focus first on asking yourself the following questions:
- What tasks are time-consuming that are taking most of my time?
- Do those tasks need my expertise or include decision making?
- What tools will I need to train someone to work on these tasks?
- When is the best time for me to do the training?
- Appointment Setting - Call people or businesses on your list and set an appointment so you can speak with them at their most convenient time. If you are an investor who is interested in buying REO's or Non-Performing Notes, you can have your VA call the banks and get in touch with the Asset Managers so you can discuss with them your offer. For Real Estate agents/brokers, you can have your VA contact your Clients (Sellers or Buyers) so you can set up the best time that you can meet them for Property presentation or showing the properties.
- Inbound/Outbound Calls - Your VA can make or take calls in your behalf to answer simple questions about your Clients' inquiry or prospect Clients. This way you will not need to be on the phone to answer all calls but your VA can actually screen the calls and put you with those calls that are important and that needs your attentions.
- Follow-ups - Your VA can make calls in your behalf to follow up on documents that you need from another Real Estate agent, Banks/Lenders, Buyers or Sellers. In order for you to Close deal faster, there are files that you need signed, files that you need to send or just files that you need to organize. Your VA can do the necessary follow-ups for you to ensure that you have the files that you need, when you need it and how you need it.
- Data Entry - Your VA can do Data Entry for you. Fill-up forms, Create Purchase Agreement or Listing Agreement, Input Data in the MLS and other sites such as Realtor.com, Trulia, Zillow, Cyberhomes etc., Organize your Data base of leads and Properties in an Excel Spreadsheet.
- Social Media Management - You can also have your VA manage your Internet Presence by updating your Blogs, Providing updates in other Social Media Sites such as Twitter, Facebook, Active Rain, YouTube etc..
- File Organization - You can also have your VA organize files for you. I often use Dropbox with my clients in order for me to carefully organize files in his folder and it automatically syncs with my Client's computer.
When delegating, start with simple tasks and then slowly introduce different Real Estate concepts, before you know it your VA is like an extension of yourself.
One more important thing to remember is to inform the VA of the task, why it is important for her to do this right and how important this task is. Some VA's tend to work on some stuff just for the sake of doing it, but there are VA's who will work as if they also own the business and will do everything to make things happen for you. Once you find that VA, you will never go wrong.
If you need help with finding the right Virtual Assistant for you, I will be more than willing to help you find a VA that is fit for you. Just send me a message and I will help you with creating a system that will be beneficial for you and your Virtual Assistant.
About the Author:
"Driven by the passion to provide great service to her clients, Allie commits on helping her clients meet their goals and be successful in their niche by providing them a better way on handling their day to day tasks."
Maritess "Allie" Pasag Real Estate Virtual Assistant | Consultant | Business Professional