- Do I want to hire the Virtual Assistant by myself and spend time, posting jobs, recruiting, sorting out applications, interviewing the Virtual Assistant, etc?
- Do I want to hire a Virtual Assistant from a company that does all the hiring process and attach me to the Virtual Assistant that fits my requirement?
If you are hiring a Virtual Assistant and you want to do everything your way, you will need to have the following information at hand in order for you to have your Hiring process organized:
- List of Tasks or the Job Description and Requirements
- Preferred Schedule of your Virtual Assistant
- Excel Spreadsheet that will help you organize your VA search. The Spreadsheet should include Name of VA, VA Source (Where did you get the VA's information or where did the VA found your Job Posting), Skype ID, Email Address, US Phone Number, VA Skills, Interview Invitation sent (Yes or No), Interview Done (Yes or No), Rate (After Interviewing the VA, how do you rate him or her?), Comments (This will help you track whether or not you find the VA fit for the position or not.
- Job Postings - What will you put in the Ads to make it appealing to your VA applicants
- Sites where you would put your Job Posting.
- Training Document
Freelance VA's could be found in sites such as: Odesk, OnlineJobs.ph, elance.com, bestjobs.ph etc. Be advised though that most of the Virtual Assistants that you will find from these sites are freelancers meaning they will work from their home, and will have their Internet Connection from 384kbps to 1mbps. But the good news about this is that you can find VA's at a cheaper rate, you just need to be very selective and have your Training Materials ready because you might need to do re-training of VA's if the VA you hired needs to be replaced.
If you wanted to hire a VA from a company providing Virtual Assistants, you will need the following:
- Best time that you are available to speak with the Project Manager or Client Relations Officer to discuss your needs.
- List of tasks or Things that you think you might need help on. The Project Manager should also be able to help you with delegation and creating a system for your tasks.
- Available time to do the training with the Project Manager
The Virtual Assistant Company should help you identify your needs, help you create a system and make suggestions on how you can make the Hiring process and Training Process easier. Most of these companies create the Training Document for you and will do the Re-hiring and Re-training, just in case you will need a VA replacement or if you need another VA who will do the same tasks for you.
Whether you are hiring a Freelance VA or a Virtual Assistant from a company. You should be able to hire a VA that will fit your requirements. You will just need to check your available time to know whether should be hiring a VA as a Done-for-you service which is hiring one from a company or the Do-It-Yourself way. I personally believe that hiring a VA should not require most of your time, if connected with the right company, Hiring a VA and Managing a VA should give you extra time to work on more important tasks as opposed to giving you more things to manage.
Ready to hire a VA? How do you like to hire your Virtual Assistant? Let me know, and I would be more than willing to help you out!
About the Author:
"Driven by the passion to provide great service to her clients, Allie commits on helping her clients meet their goals and be successful in their niche by providing them a better way on handling their day to day tasks."
Maritess "Allie" Pasag Real Estate Virtual Assistant | Consultant | Business Professional